The fourth edition of the African Utility Week Power Industry Awards will take place on Wednesday 17 May 2017 during the 17th annual African Utility Week, in Cape Town, South Africa. These awards bring together 800 of Africa’s most renowned power and water industry professionals, many of them long standing attendees of African Utility Week.
The Power Industry Awards is the leading event and platform to recognize, reward and celebrate the success of Africa’s power and water sectors during 2016/17.
- *Nominations are now closed*
Please refer to the awards categories page for more detail on each page.
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Outstanding Contribution Award: Power
- Outstanding Contribution Award: Water
- Outstanding Woman of the Year: Power/Water
- Young Energy Leader Award
Organisational / Project Awards
- Power Utility of the Year
- Water Utility of the Year
- Large Scale Renewable Energy Project
- Small-Scale Renewable Energy Project (under 5MW)
- Innovative Technology of the Year
- Financier of the Year / Deal of the Year
- An Advisory Board is formed and they provide input on categories and criteria
- Industry leaders and experts are invited to sit on the judging panel
- Nominations are submitted by companies and individuals which are then sent to the panel to judge based on the criteria outlined per category
- Every judge is given a maximum of two categories to critic
- All judges submit their score per entry and these are then calculated and approved by our independent auditing firm, verification partner Mazars
- If a judge is scoring a category with an entry for their company, project or colleague, they are directed not to score that entry to ensure the process is fair and transparent
- Neither the organisers nor the sponsors select the finalists or winners
- Based on these scores the finalists are announced on our website, a press release, a mailer and are contacted by the Organisers
Can I self-nominate?
Yes, self-nomination is encouraged.
Can I enter more than one category?
Yes, you can enter as many categories as you would like provided you submit information in line with the criteria. Each entry must be tailored to fit and be relevant to that category.
Is there a fee to enter the awards?
No entry is free.
Can we enter if we were a finalist or winner in previous years?
Yes you can. Please ensure the 2016/17 information is relevant to the successes in that time period. Do not submit a previous entry without updating the information.
Are the Industry Awards only open to companies in Africa?
Yes, entries are only accepted from companies, projects and individuals operating in Africa.
Are the awards verified by an auditing firm?
Yes, all judges’ scores are sent to our verification partner, Mazars, to check and confirm to ensure a free and transparent process before the finalists are announced.
How and when are the finalists and winners announced?
The finalists will be announced on 17 April 2017 via our website, a press release and a mailer to our database. They will also be contacted directly by a representative from the organisers. The winners will be announced at a gala dinner during AUW on Wednesday 17 May 2017.
What is the deadline for entries?
All entries and supporting information must be submitted by 17 March 2017.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Jason Zeelie, Jason.Zeelie@Spintelligent.com | +27 21 700 3557
Book a seat / table
To book your seat or table at the awards please contact Samantha Petersen, email@example.com | +27 21 700 3580
Entry and general information
Tracey Gersowsky, firstname.lastname@example.org | +27 21 700 3514
To book your seat contact us