Energy access in Africa is currently sitting on 24%, with the vast majority of the 1-billion+ population of Africa unserved through traditional grid access. Utilities are increasingly turning to the private sector for IPP projects to help fill the generation gaps, and this trend is continuing. But the confluence of falling technology costs, greater efficiency delivered in a smaller package, energy storage and the ICT and mobile payment systems now available to support a larger rollout means the rise of a new energy model to serve the rural and large energy user sectors is imminent. African Utility Week has built an enviable position over the last 16 years as the centre of access to African utilities – so the next logical step is to evolve with the market to now present the future of energy on the continent.
What makes Energy Revolution Africa different?
Located with African Utility Week, Energy Revolution Africa represents a link with the existing focus on renewable integration and energy storage and will benefit from the existing utility visitors.
There will also be a focus on innovation and include the following features:
- Energy Revolution Africa focused discussions within the 3-day Summit
- A 3-day Energy Revolution Africa strategic programme as part of the sessions
- 3 days of focused CPD accredited technology workshops and case studies, freely available on the exhibition floor
- Real-life project experience, highlighting & discussing innovative technologies and solutions
- 60 service and solution providers will be exhibiting at a dedicated area
Discounted accommodation rates
Spintelligent have partnered with iccommodate to provide a full and efficient Accommodation and Tourism Service to African Utility Week delegates.
For 2017 bookings have been made easy with a live online booking system directly from the conference website which will be active from January 2017. Discounted rates have been contracted and negotiated by iccommodate specifically for the event and are available exclusively through the booking system.