Future Cities (1.4)
Case Study: South Africa's first Waste Transformer at Growthpoint’s N1 City Mall
Panel discussion: How can we make waste-to-energy plants more competitive? Does the answer lie in smaller more geographically spread plants situated closer to the point of waste disposal?
- Is it possible to lower the tariff?
- Public-private partnerships in place for lasting solutions to many African cities’ waste problem
- Increasing distributed energy capacity
- Innovative uses for urban waste, diverting it from African landfills
- International examples – Addis Ababa’s plan to curb the city’s waste problem and generate power