CHANGING THE GRID TO INTEGRATE WHEELING AND EMBEDDED GENERATION: Panel discussion
Panel: How does embedded generation change the physical grid design?
- At what point do you have to physically reconfigure the municipal grid to accommodate more embedded generation?
- Gauging future needs as more renewable energy, intermittent in nature, is added to the grid;
- Payment models in this bright new future;
- Prof Izael da Silva, Strathmore University, Kenya
- Lardo Stander, Divisional Head: Economic Intelligence, City of Tshwane, South Africa
- Mpeli Rampokanyo, Principal Engineer, CSIR, South Africa