ELECTRIC VEHICLES AND THE AFRICAN GRID: Panel discussion
Panel: What are the key considerations for advancing Electric Vehicles (EV) and grid demand?
- Who is responsible for designing and maintaining the grid for EV charging?
- Setting up standards for EV adoption: what kind of standards are needed?
- Should EV charging be grid-tied or off grid? Who decides?
- How does demand affect the local municipal if you create grid-tied charging points?
- Potential business opportunities around charging points;
- Marco Rahner, Promotor for Smart Grid and Future Grids, Siemens, South Africa