THE ‘JUST’ ENERGY TRANSITION FOR AFRICA: Panel discussion
Guidelines developed by the International Labour Organisation recommend a number of considerations for a just energy transition. These include social dialogue, respectful policies, gender focus and consideration of economic, environmental, social, education and labour portfolios with the ultimate intention being to promote job creation and encourage skills development.
We will discuss the ‘just transition’ across these and other reference points, including:
- How the policy will support such a just transition
- The role of renewable energy and the resulting need for job creation and skills development
- The role of each stakeholder in this transition
- Investments and fiscal support
- Maloba G Tshehla, Head of Strategy and Growth, ED Platform, South Africa