Welcome to the IPP Center.
This is a space for IPP companies to obtain relevant updates on the event such as content highlights and those in your industry who are attending the event.
We have created a specialised virtual programme for IPPs showcasing the presentations, case studies and panel discussions that would be of interest to you.
Any specific content or benefits you want to see at the event? Or any enquries?
To have access to the conference
Assessing the latest market strategies for running a sustainable African power system
Panel discussion: Assessing the latest market strategies for running a sustainable African power system
- Understanding the emergence of more power providers going directly to large scale consumers
- Importance of people management towards project success
- Latest advances in cost reflective tariff’s influencing power market strategies
- What are the financial challenges preventing proper maintenance and upgrades to power infrastructure?
Smart Energy Conference Track (1.3)
Day 1: 14 May 2019, 14:35-15:15
What impact will the financial and investment landscape for 2019 mean for Africa’s power infrastructure?
Panel discussion: What impact will the financial and investment landscape for 2019 mean for Africa’s power infrastructure?
- Lardo Stander, Director: Economic Policy and Research - City of Tshwane municipality and SAAEE
- Romain Py, Head of Transactions - African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM), South Africa
- Benjamin Attia, Research Analyst, Wood Mackenzie Power and Renewables, USA
- Senior representative from AFDB*
Power Strategy Development Conference Track (2.1)
Day 2: 15 May 2019, 09:45 – 10:45
Exploring the potential for further roll-out of the GET FiT programme
Panel discussion: Exploring the potential for further roll-out of the GET FiT programme
- A closer look at matters in Mozambique and Zambia
Power Strategy Development Conference Track (3.2)
Day 3: 16 May 2019, 11:15 –12:30
See the list of suppliers, clients and other attendees and exhibitors within your sector who will be present at African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa.
There will be an open business lounge on the exhibition floor. You can gain access to the lounge for ad hoc meetings at any point during the event or you can book a meeting running up to the event using business matchmaking with clients or suppliers.